Hey there! If you’re new to the blog, we suggest starting here with an overview of who we are and what we’re doing. If you prefer to see all of our posts in one place, they’re in reverse chronological order below. Happy reading!
- Devouring Street Food and Dodging Motorbikes in Ho Chi Minh City
- Big Salary, Miserable Life
- Stock Tip of the Month: Vitiai Corp.
- How Much Does a Month in Mexico Cost?
- Advice to My 23-Year-Old Self
- Wintering in Mexico: Our Month South of the Border
- One Year on the Road
- How Much Does Van Life Cost? – Volume II
- Would You Risk Financial Independence for a Dream?
- Sunrise in the Rearview: The Long Ride Home
- What to Do With a Financial Windfall?
- That Time We Got Woken Up by the Cops
- We Got Rejected for TV
- Working Our Way from Wyoming to Wisconsin
- How to Slow Down Time
- Spotlight On: The Resume Gap (Guest post at Mostly Mindful)
- Five Reasons We Chose a Minivan to Travel the Country (Guest post at Think Save Retire)
- How I Crushed My Five-Figure Student Debt on a $25k Salary
- Financially Independent …and on Medicaid?
- Back on the Road: Montana and the Canadian Rockies
- Frugality Confessions: We Love Dining Out and We’re Not Ashamed of It
- How Much Does Backpacking in Eastern Europe Cost?
- Athens and the Legendary Peloponnese
- Don’t “Just Go”
- Bizarre, Chaotic, Charming Albania
- Little Montenegro Down on the Adriatic Sea
- Stocks Aren’t Risky (But You Are)
- War and Healing in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Early Retirement Didn’t Fix My FOMO
- Gluttons for Negativity
- Coastal Relaxation in Adriatic Croatia
- Don’t Press Fast-Forward on Your Life
- Three Weeks in Hungary, Zagreb, and Slovenia
- How Much Does Van Life Cost?
- Envisioning Life Without Work
- Our Frugality is a Sham
- When Did My Friends Get So Expensive?
- Color and Contrast in Turkey
- Shootings, Bombings, and Our Trip to Turkey
- Why We Don’t Live by the 4% Commandment
- Monday, Our Favorite Day of the Week
- Capitol Reef, Arches, and Canyonlands
- Why I Quit My Most Lucrative Side Hustle
- What My Grandparents Taught Me About Frugality
- May in Southwestern Utah
- Free Camping in Yosemite and the Eastern Sierra
- FIRE Advice for Noobs: The Resume Gap (Guest post at From Frugal to Free)
- Will Spending Really Go Down in Old Age?
- Should We Be Afraid to Travel to Turkey?
- April in Yosemite
- Spring in California’s Deserts
- Glimpses of Extreme Wealth
- Current Mood
- 10 Ways I Worked, Hustled, and Saved to Financial Independence at Age 28
- Happy Friday: It’s A Privilege
- I Quit
- 7 Things We Learned During Our International “Warm-Up” Trip
- My Year of Living Like a Multimillionaire
- Our Top Ten Things to Do in Ireland
- June and Farrar Burn: Washington’s First Early Retirees?
- I Don’t Have a “Life’s Purpose” (And That’s Just Fine)
- Now Departing: Our International Warm-Up Trip
- We Bought a Van
- Our Requisite Thanksgiving Gratitude
- An Introduction
- Start Your New Year’s Resolution Early
- Dollars and Dissonance